Friday, August 17, 2012

Conspiracy Theorist

I have a feeling that Kyla will not hold onto believing in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc. for very long.  She keeps asking logistical questions about how these characters manage their jobs and maneuver about, and why we never see them, and where they live.

Kyla:  So, um, well, I am just a little confused about Santa Claus.  How does he even get in our house and up the chimney.  'Cause... that's kind of a big, fat belly.
Maxx:  Umi Zoomi helped him.  I sawed that show!
Kyla:  And, I'm a little confused that he lives in the North Pole.  How can anyone even live there?
Me:  Well, I think some people live at the North Pole. (I just looked it up, and apparently no one does live there.  Scientists visit, but no one lives there.  North Pole, AK is a town of 2000, though.  FYI.)
Kyla:  Oh.  That is unusual (her new word).  Most people just live in the middle of the earth or on the sides.


No comments: