Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Recent Stuff

Maxx gave me a card he decorated with stickers.
Me: Which one is your favorite sticker?
Maxx points to an apple sticker.
Me: The apple, not Lightning McQueen?
Maxx: I like apples.  Apples are good to eat.  Um, can I maybe have an apple?
Me: I don't think we have any apples right now.  Nope, no apples.  Sorry.
Maxx: Oh.  Okay, then, I will have some water.


Maxx:  Mom, I want you to play Legos with me.
Me:  I thought Daddy was playing with you.
Maxx:  Well, Daddy is going to weed whack the yard and Kyla is going outside to play.
Me:  If Daddy wasn't going to weed whack, would you still want me to play?
Maxx:  No, I would want Daddy.


Recently, Kyla has been playing in make believe that things get "Electrocated."  I haven't corrected her yet.  


Coming back from the park, Kyla yells, "I'm gonna run until I fall down!" and takes off on a dead sprint, falling down laughing. "Oh, that was sooo great!" 

Love the gift of seeing life through the eyes of my children. Especially since I was not exactly a carefree child when I was young.  And obviously, at that time, I didn't know how to appreciate the innocence in such absolute abandon, as I can now.


And lastly, here is the current list of "When I grow up, I want to be:"
Maxx: A policeman and a ninja
Kyla: A paleontologist

No comments: