Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Good vs. Bad

Another great conversation in the car.  I'm noticing that Maxx instigates some really deep conversations in the car.  I'm not sure if it's just because we are both captive audiences to one another or if the car somehow evokes meaningful topics for him.  Regardless, it cracks me up and I love it.

Maxx: Ba'y Wuff Wuff no good boy.
Me: He's not a good boy?  Why not?
Maxx: 'Cause he a doggie.
Me: Oh, right.  Well, is he a good doggie?
Maxx:  Yah.  But sometimes he poops.  On cars.
Me: Why does he poop on cars?
Maxx: 'Cause 'dey bad guys.
Me: Oh, well, okay.
Maxx: And 'dey angry.  'Dey angry bad guys.

Maxx has a particularly strong "good guy/bad guy" imagination going on.  He's constantly talking about bad guys in other cars and wants me to pretend we are racing them.  Or he tells me he is going to "bew" (shoot) them with his "bew bew" (gun).  When I tell him that is not nice, he gets a slightly exasperated tone and says, "Mommm, I jus' 'tending."

1 comment:

Kristin Pavon said...

Jus Tending!! The cutest thing ever, I wish I could hear him say it!