Thursday, May 31, 2012

I Say A Little Prayer

This past weekend Jedd and Maxx went to the Indy 500 with Poppy and Uncle Richard.  Since the boys were out of town, Kyla and I headed to Chelan to keep Nana company and have a little adventure of our own.  On the last day, as we were driving away from Nana's house, Kyla told me, "Mom, sometimes I pray in my head."

Me: Hey, I do that, too.  What do you pray about?
Kyla: Things I want. 
Me: Of course.
Kyla: And our family and my friends.  And, like, Abby, that she would feel better.  (Abby is the sister of one of her classmates, who has been having on-going medical issues for quite some time now.)
Me: Those are good things to pray for.
Kyla: But today is the first time that I prayed for Daddy AND Maxx together.
Me: What did you pray for?
Kyla: That they would make it home safe on the airplane and, um, that they have a fun day.
Me: Oh, me, too, Sweetie.

Fortunately, she was in the back seat and didn't see my tears.  My little sweetheart.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet!