Saturday, January 5, 2013

How You Like Them Apples?

It's all in the details and presentation is everything.

Kyla has been going through finicky eating patterns recently. Things that she didn't like, she will say she now likes, but seemingly just for the day.  Food that she has always liked, suddenly, she declares she doesn't care for, anymore.

Yesterday, in an effort to get Kyla to eat some apples, I told her I bought some special apples just for her (which I did), and the really cool part was that they are called Pink Lady apples (which they are).  She immediately wanted some!

Later when I checked on the kids, I asked Maxx why he wasn't eating his apples (one of his favorite foods).  He said he didn't like them.  I finally figured out it was because of the name (and the big deal I made out of it.  Previous to that day, I don't think I've ever told them what kind of apple they were eating.).  So I took them away and returned a few minutes later with his "new" Red Ninja apples!  He loved them.

And they are both eating apples again.

No comments: